We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst who will work in the client’s Operational team; he will be an expert on Business Intelligence tools. He will work on the centralized data warehouse (DWH) that stands on shared models, business terms, processes, as well as reporting standards.
The client has designed the DWH architecture and is developing a common dimensional data warehouse, which is consolidating the data from multiple data sources and providing the following reporting facilitations: allowing users to create their own reports and providing common reports to participating stakeholders.
Provisional Description of the work
- Design and development of online analytical data processing (OLAP);
- Creation and maintenance of a Business Object data warehouse (BO 4.2);
- Gathering & analysis of the business requirements;
- Design and development of complex Business Object reports for all the ESIF DG’s;
- Design and development of complex Dashboard;
- ETL processes (BODS 4.2);
- Data modelling;
- Physical DB design and DB performance analysis;
- Elaboration of test programs;
- Technical migration to new tools or to new versions;
- Writing of Business and Technical documentation.
Knowledge and Expertise required
- In depth knowledge of relational database systems applied to data warehouse good knowledge of data warehouse architecture;
- In depth knowledge of SQL;
- In depth knowledge of Business Objects reporting tools;
- In depth knowledge of ETL tools (BODs);
- Good knowledge of modelling tools;
- Good knowledge of Data quality concepts;
- Knowledge of online analytical data processing (OLAP) and data mining tools is an asset;
- Minimum 2 years of experience with BOXI & BODI;
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Relational Database Management Systems;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Data Warehouse;
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application developments;
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, ease of communication;
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team;
- Knowledge of European Commission environment is an asset;
- Experience with dashboards will be an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Capability of working in an international/multicultural environment;
- Experience with BI reporting tools and ETL tools;
- Experience with online analytical processing and data mining is an asset.
- Minimum a total of 3 years of experience in one or more of the following: OLAP, data mining tools business intelligence reporting tools (Business Objects) or ETL tools (e.g. BODI).
Place of work and Languages
- The candidate must to be fluent in English. French is an asset;
- Documents will be written in English.