We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst who will work in the client’s Operational team; he will be an expert on Business Intelligence tools. He will work on the centralized data warehouse (DWH) that stands on shared models, business terms, processes, as well as reporting standards.
The client has designed the DWH architecture and is developing a common dimensional data warehouse, which is consolidating the data from multiple data sources and providing the following reporting facilitations: allowing users to create their own reports and providing common reports to participating stakeholders.
Provisional Description of the work
- Design and development of online analytical data processing (OLAP);
- Creation and maintenance of a Business Object data warehouse (BO 4.2);
- Gathering & analysis of the business requirements;
- Design and development of complex Business Object reports for all the ESIF DG’s;
- Design and development of complex Dashboard;
- ETL processes (BODS 4.2);
- Data modelling;
- Physical DB design and DB performance analysis;
- Elaboration of test programs;
- Technical migration to new tools or to new versions;
- Writing of Business and Technical documentation.
Knowledge and Expertise required
- In depth knowledge of relational database systems applied to data warehouse good knowledge of data warehouse architecture;
- In depth knowledge of SQL;
- In depth knowledge of Business Objects reporting tools;
- In depth knowledge of ETL tools (BODs);
- Good knowledge of modelling tools;
- Good knowledge of Data quality concepts;
- Knowledge of online analytical data processing (OLAP) and data mining tools is an asset;
- Minimum 2 years of experience with BOXI & BODI;
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Relational Database Management Systems;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Data Warehouse;
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application developments;
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, ease of communication;
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team;
- Knowledge of European Commission environment is an asset;
- Experience with dashboards will be an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Capability of working in an international/multicultural environment;
- Experience with BI reporting tools and ETL tools;
- Experience with online analytical processing and data mining is an asset.
- Minimum a total of 3 years of experience in one or more of the following: OLAP, data mining tools business intelligence reporting tools (Business Objects) or ETL tools (e.g. BODI).
Place of work and Languages
- The candidate must to be fluent in English. French is an asset;
- Documents will be written in English.
Description of tasks
The successful candidate will provide Database Developer services for the projects maintained by the Client.
The candidate will contribute to the activities listed below (non exhaustive list):
- Task 1: design, implementation and maintenance of database layer of multi-tiers applications, development and maintenance of database stored procedures, data analysis, data modeling, and physical database design.
- Task 2: writing of technical documentation, participation in meetings with project teams.
- Task 3: assistance with the optimization, deployment and configuration of the database.
The technology environment chosen is as follows:
- The development is adhering to the java-based EC reference architecture based on JaveEE and angular.
- Interoperability is achieved based on SOA principles and Oracle Service Bus.
- The data is stored in an Oracle Database 10.3.
- The development is based on an agile methodology and the Jira/Confluence ecosystem.
- The experience stated in the framework contract for the requested profile.
- Practical experience proving the capability to execute the tasks described above
- Good knowledge of English and French (spoken, written)
- Rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working.
- Proactive attitude, communicative (i.e. good listener) and customer-oriented.
- Proven expertise in relational database systems, SQL, database modeling tools, stored procedure languages, PL/SQL, application development environments.
- Expertise in optimizing queries, monitoring, and tuning databases.
- Knowledge of Angular technology
- Knowledge of the design and development of web and multi-tier web applications.
- A total of minimum 3 years of professional experience in Oracle databases.
- And very good knowledge of Jasper report and XML
Description of tasks
- Coordination of the support group, prioritization of incidents and relevant resolutions, contact with users
- Contact with development teams for incident resolution, participation to meeting with the involved development teams
- Management of incident and resolution statistics and quality management statistics
- Management and feeding of a knowledge base build on the incident resolution and problems
- Collaboration on documentation and user manuals management in daily contact with the documentation writers
We are looking for a User Support Manager with specific IT expertise or with specific knowledge in document preparation and with experience in support team management. The ideal candidate should have minimum 6 years of experience in the domain.
The candidate should have:
- A good knowledge of ITIL support procedures
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity in report production
- Solid IT knowledge with specific expertise in collaborations tools and on support management tools (SMT Perigrine) and others wikis.
- The ability to express in different languages in an international and multilingual environment
- Public speaking skills
- Ability in stress management
- Ability to work and manage a support team